Here are the rules and guidelines for this year's COSPLAY Contest at 14th Philippine Toycon 2015
Notice: Pls read this cosplay event guidelines from SM Megamall
COSPLAY MECHANICS AND GUIDELINES
1. Philippine ToyCon Cosplay contest is open to all ( Kids, Teens and Adults)
2. PH ToyCon cosplay contest has 6 categories for the individual cosplay contest.
- Cosplay Anime and Manga
- Cosplay Comics
- Cosplay TV and Movie
- Cosplay Video Game
- Cosplay Toys
- Cosplay Chibi (kids category)
3. PH ToyCon cosplay event will be held for two days (June 21-22, 2014).
REGISTRATION STARTS at 10:00AM up to 3:00 PM only.
Cosplay CATWALK or stage presentation will start at 4:00pm
Day 1 (June 20) solo / individual cosplay contest ( registration form)
Day 2 (June 21) team / group cosplay contest (registration form)
4. Cosplay registration will be held during the event. Look for our registration booth for the cosplay contest, ask our marshals at the gate for information.
5.Print out the registration form and submit it at the registration booth for information about the cosplay model and contact info, this will serve as your registration entry form. If you have failed to submit this form, then your entry in the contest is not valid.
6.The PH Toy Con is a general patronage event, we don't allow cosplay models on stage acting any inappropriate presentation of their costume and character. Meaning no NUDITY, no Kissing, no sexual acting, we prohibit all of these presentations, and all organizers has the right to disqualify and remove the cosplay model off the stage.
7. Costume props, weapons and effects should not be harmful to anyone. We don't allow real life weapons like guns, knives, sword, katanas or anything that is sharp and bladed real life weapon. We allow only replicas and custom made props. Pyrotechnic props are also strictly prohibited at the event. Please handle your props with care, we disqualify an entry of the cosplayer who accidentally slips their weapon props from their hand and it hurt someone.
8. The organizers are not responsible for damage and injury to the cosplay models, we allow the participants to have their own assistant during the cosplay contest and for their stage presentation, but we don't allow the assistants catwalking on stage with the cosplay models, unless they are their guide or added props. But we advise that all must be responsible in using their weapons props before, during and after the contest.
We will provide a dressing room with security and marshals guarding the dressing room and storage area, But the organizers are not responsible for any loss of your items and props.
9. A registered cosplay participants agrees to follow all rules of the contest and also allow the public, press and media the authority to take photos and videos of all participants. The organizers has the right to document the whole contest proper and its participants in photos and video to be use in advertising and promotions of future Toy con events.
10. Other Guidelines:
General Props Weapons Policy
Baggage Counter Guidelines
Parental Consent Form
Solo / Individual Cosplay Rules
1. NO entry limit for the individual category
2. All must place their entry into the appropriate category, our contest marshals will assist you in what category your cosplay entry will be.
3. Cosplay models' catwalk will start at 4:00PM of June 20, 2015. We advise that all cosplay models should be ready an hour before the catwalk. Our marshals will assist you and we will announce it on stage for everyone.
4. Cosplay models will be given number tags that must be worn at all times during the catwalk presentation.
5. All Solo Cosplay Contest participant will be given 2-3 minutes to present their costume and character on stage.
6. For music background, pls submit a copy of your music in mp3 format during the registration. Pls burn the Mp3 file in a blank CDR with labels containing your name and the cosplay character.
Costume craftsmanship and accuracy - 40%
Character relevance and portrayal - 30%
On-stage performance and showmanship - 25%
Audience Impact - 5%
Total of -- 100%
Team / Group Cosplay Rules
1.Cosplay group must consist of at least 3 members and a maximum of 10 members per group.
2. Cosplay group model presentation will start at 4:00PM of June 21, 2015. We advise that all models should be ready an hour before the catwalk. Our marshals will assist you and we will announce it on stage for everyone.
3. All cosplay group models are required to have their own 3 minute presentation. Either a play, skit or musical act.
4. All Background music should be submitted to us before the presentation. Format should be on Audio CD, Mp3 or Video media files. A cosplay group is required to have a sound director/representative who will assist the ToyCon technical team in the usage of their media materials for audio,lights and sound.
ON-STAGE PERFORMANCE – 40%
COSTUME ACCURACY – 30%
COSTUME CRAFTSMANSHIP – 20%
AUDIENCE IMPACT – 10%
Total of – 100%
AWARDS- BEST Cosplay Anime and Manga
- BEST Cosplay Comics
- BEST Cosplay TV and Movie
- BEST Cosplay Video Game
- BEST Cosplay Toys
- BEST Chibi (kids category)
- BEST Cosplay Group
- Grand winner - Toy Con COSPLAYER of the YEAR 2015
** Rules might subject to change, please visit our website and partner online site for announcement
For inquiries and questions please email us only at firstname.lastname@example.org
here are some cosplay entries from 2012
here are some cosplay entries from 2010